American Express has really stepped up their game in the credit card industry. If you haven't heard yet. The American Express Premier Rewards Gold or "PRG" credit card is now rebranded as the American Express Gold Card. The whole new look is definitely some exciting news as consumers that often dine out and grocery shop are rewarded even more now. Here are some key takeaways on the American Express Gold Card from American Express themselves. Read more.
Starting on October 4, 2018, Card Members who have the Gold Card will receive 4X Membership Rewards Points at U.S. Restaurants and U.S. Supermarkets (for up to $25,000 per year in Supermarket purchases, then 1X). Gold Card Members will also be able to enroll in the $120 Dining Credit, which provides up to $10 in monthly statement credits after using the Gold Card at participating partners.
Special Promotional Offer
The benefits don't end there. American Express is starting a special launch promotion for early credit card adopters who sign-up. For the first 3 months upon credit card approval, you will receive 20% back in statement credit up to $100 when you dine out. Plus earn 25,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $2,000 within 3 months.
Credit Card Benefits
- Special Launch Promotion Get 20% back in statement credit, up to $100, when dining out for the first three months.
- Limited Time Plus earn 25,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $2,000 within 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards points at US restaurants.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards points at US supermarkets, on up to $25,000 per year in purchases.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines
- Up to $120 dining credit on a monthly rolling basis
- $100 airline fee credit for flight redemption
Annual Fee: $250
American Express Gold Card Review
The AMEX Gold Card is perfect for everyday use for flight, dining, and groceries for reward points up to 4X Membership Rewards Points, effectively making the credit card one of the most attractive rewards cards in the market. Although the annual fee is $250, the benefits simply outweigh the cons, which makes the card a no-brainer. The metal card comes in either Rose or Gold color. Pick your favorite color and benefit from the perks of a high-end card from American Express.